Genetics Department Poster Preparation and Submission
NOTE: This poster printing service is available ONLY to members of the Department of Genetics.
As soon as you know you will need a poster printed, contact David Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) and advise him of the anticipated submission and need-by date.
Prepare your poster following the guidelines below and submit your PowerPoint file using the form at the bottom of this page at least 24hrs prior to your need-by date*. The UGA account number you provide will be charged $10 for each poster printed.
Poster Preparation Guidelines
1. The printer is loaded with a roll of 42" wide paper, but does not print to the very edge. Therefore, create a Powerpoint file comprised of a single slide that is no more than 40" high (for a landscape orientation) and however wide you wish (e.g., 48"-50"). For posters in portrait orientation, make the slide 40" wide by whatever length you require (48"-50").
2. All graphic elements should be saved as medium to high quality JPEG files and inserted onto the slide using the "Insert > Picture > From File..." command (as opposed to copied and pasted directly from Photoshop). Image files in TIFF, PNG and/or EPS format are also acceptable. It's a good idea to have your graphic elements close to the desired final size prior to insertion onto the poster. Also, avoid the use of image files as the background for your poster. Stick with the background designs and fills provided within Powerpoint.
3. As far as font sizes, here are some suggestions that might comprise a good starting point: Title = 66-80pt, authors & institutions = 40-44pt, abstract and text = 24-28pt, figure legends = 14-20pt.
4. It is the submitters' responsibility to ensure that posters are correctly formatted and error free. Carefully proof your poster prior to submission. If re-printing of your poster is required due to formatting, content or typographical errors on the submitted poster, it will re-enter the current queue at the bottom.
5. UPLOAD YOUR POSTER FILE USING THE FORM BELOW: At least 24 hrs* prior to your required pick-up time, fill out the form below. ALL fields must be filled in. Click on the "Browse" button, select the correct PowerPoint file from your computer and click on the "Upload Poster File" Button. NOTE: The file must be saved in the older, PowerPoint 97-2004, non-openXML format. (i.e., must be .ppt, NOT .pptx).
6. CHECK THE PRINTER QUEUE. Click HERE to view the current list of posters awaiting printing and of posters completed and ready for pickup.